Session Proposal Submission
Session proposal submission opening soon
Deadline to submit a session proposal: 18 March 2024
All symposia at the 24th WPA Congress will be 60 minutes long and will take place in person, in Mexico City. Symposia are welcome from the general public as well as from the WPA sections.
Equality, Development, Inclusion, and Transcultural perspectives (EDIT) Presidential Advisory Group to the WPC 2024 in Mexico City, November 14-17: New Horizons for Good Mental Health for All
Recognizing the evolving needs for inclusion of geographically diverse populations of different genders and ages, the WPA formed an Advisory Group dedicated to Equality, Development, Inclusion, and Transcultural perspectives (EDIT) to mirror, consequently, those perspectives in the congress’s symposia, debates, and individual oral and poster presentations.
The EDIT Presidential Advisory Group stands for
▪ Equality across genders, ages and ethnicities;
▪ Development from childhood to adulthood and beyond;
▪ Inclusion of under-represented groups;
▪ Transcultural awareness and perspectives.
When and where applicable, this approach, will hopefully be a transformative step towards a more inclusive and culturally competent field of psychiatry, both in the content of presentations and among the presenters. It will also show research gaps and needs for further actions, the execution of which will reaffirm the WPA’s commitment to the well-being of all individuals and communities, irrespective of their backgrounds.
Each session submission should state how their presentation covers (or not) Equality, Development, Inclusion and Transcultural perspectives.
Once you enter the link for submission choose the option “Session proposal” to submit a proposal from the top toolbar.
Rules for Submission
Acceptance of the proposal for a symposium does not imply that the Organizing Committee will cover any expenses of the chairpersons and speakers.
All members of the faculty of a symposium should register to the Congress.
Please read the requirements before submitting proposals:
- A brief description of the session (max. 250 words) for evaluation purposes describing who will participate in the symposium and the themes they will address.
- Up to 2 chairs and 4 speakers per session.
- A maximum of two people proposed to participate in the symposium (speakers and the chairs) should be from the same country. Symposia which have more than two persons from the same country will not be accepted.
- The proposer should receive the acceptance of every speaker and of the chairs in their session prior to submission.
- If the symposium is developed by a section or is an intersectional symposium, please be sure to mark the details in the drop down menu on the submission form and upload the section chair head approval of the session.
- Each session submission should state how their presentation covers (or not) Equality, Development, Inclusion and Transcultural perspectives.
- Only the proposer will receive notification of the final Scientific Committee decision, and he/she is responsible to communicate the result to all other chairs and speakers.