Proposal Submission to Re-open
We understand that many of you are pre-occupied at this current time with the COVID-19 outbreak and may not have had time to submit a proposal. This is why we will be re-opening the proposal submission system later this year to allow you the opportunity to submit and contribute to our outstanding program.
Please check the WCP 2020 website for future updates.
All symposia at WCP 2020 will be 60 minutes long.
Symposia are welcome from the general public as well as from WPA sections.
RULES FOR SUBMISSION
Please read the requirements before submitting symposium proposals:
- A brief description of the session (max. 250 words) for evaluation purposes describing who will participate in the symposium and the themes they will address.
- 1 chair (mandatory), 1 co-chair (not mandatory) and 3 speakers per session. The chair and co-chair may be chosen from the speakers. It is also possible to add a 4th speaker who will act as a discussant and talk for 5 minutes. There should be 10 minutes in the session for discussion.
- A maximum of two people proposed to participate in the symposium (speakers and the chairs) should be from the same country. Symposia which have more than two persons from the same country will not be accepted.
- The proposer should receive the acceptance of every speaker and of the chairs in their session prior to submission.
- If the symposium is developed by a section or is an intersectional symposium, please be sure to mark the details in the drop down menu on the submission form.
- Only the proposer will receive notification of the final Scientific Committee decision, and he/she is responsible to communicate the result to all other chairs and speakers.
Acceptance of the proposal for a symposium does not imply that the Organizing Committee will cover any expenses of the chairpersons and speakers.
All members of the faculty of a symposium should register to the Congress.