WCP provides a forum for early career professionals to further their professional knowledge and share their research with global leaders in psychiatry and meet their peers from other countries.
As part of a shared goal to foster the learning and development of early career psychiatrists, the WPA offers fellowships to eligible professionals which will provide waived registration to the Annual Congress and monetary support for participation.
As part of a shared goal to foster the learning and development of early career psychiatrists, the WPA is delighted to offer fellowships to eligible professionals which will provide waived registration to the Congress and monetary support for participation.
Fellowship awardees will receive:
- Waived registration to the congress
- An accommodation stipend to the value of $330. Stipend will be reimbursed to the awardees after the congress in the form of a bank transfer
- A travel stipend which will be reimbursed after the congress to the value of:
-International – up to $800
-Americas – up to $600
-Mexico (local) – up to $100
Criteria for application
- The candidate must be fluent in English.
- The candidate must be a member or trainee affiliate or equivalent of a WPA Member Society
- Have no less than two years of specialist training and no more than five years elapsed since the completion of specialist training
- Agree to translate the WPA newsletter to their local language during the period from November 2024 until the annual WPA Congress in 2025
- Have a superior educational and professional record
Application documents required
- Letters of recommendation from the head of the department or from the president of the member society or WPA Section Chair; which should confirm that the applicant is a psychiatrist or a trainee in psychiatry with no more than 5 years’ professional experience since first qualifying as a psychiatrist.
- A curriculum vitae (Resume)
- A letter of motivation
Valid nominations will be assessed systematically by a panel of peers and senior psychiatrists appointed by the Congress Scientific Committee.