WPA Early Career Psychiatrists Fellowship Application
Join Internationally renowned psychiatrists and mental health advocates to learn how new ideas are being addressed across the globe
Apply for an Early Career Fellowship today!
Click here to apply
Deadline: 15 May, 2018
WCP provides an ideal forum for early career professionals to further their professional knowledge and share their research with global leaders in psychiatry.
As part of a shared goal to foster learning and development of early career psychiatrists, the WPA is delighted to offer fellowships to eligible professionals as follows:
- Waived registration fees
- 4-nights of accommodation in a 3 star hotel close to the venue (Fellowship winners will receive a special link to book their accommodation)
- Travel grant (economy class only) as follows (to be reimbursed after the Congress):
Mexico /USA/ Central America/ Canada Up to 400 US$
International Up to 800 US$
S. America/Asia Up to 600 US$
Valid nominations will be assessed systematically by a panel of peers and senior psychiatrists appointed by the Congress Scientific Committee. No more than 3 fellowships will be awarded to applicants residing in any one country. Half the fellowships will be awarded each to women and men applicants.
Criteria for application
- The candidate must be a member or trainee affiliate or equivalent of the WPA Member Society from the country where they currently reside
- Have no more than five years elapsed since the completion of specialist training
- Be fluent in English
- Have a superior educational and professional record
Application Documents Required
- Letters of recommendation from the head of the department or from the president of the member society; which should confirm that the applicant is a psychiatrist or a trainee in psychiatry with no more than 5 years' professional experience since first qualifying as a psychiatrist.
- CV including a motivational letter
- A paragraph detailing:
a) Contribution to the field, such as publications and other innovative activities
b) Plans for and the likelihood of future significant contributions to psychiatry and mental health, both nationally and internationally
Fellowship winners will be notified by 20 June, 2018